✎ Edit Post
Covid-19 Update March 12
On behalf of the New Plymouth Roller Sports Club all codes need to share this information regarding Covid-19 with their members.
The World health Organisation have now confirmed that in their view the virus is a “pandemic”.
We should all be concerned and take the appropriate hygeine processes with increased awareness.
Hygeine is part of our lives, however the basic requirements for the best protection we all need to do well are;
- hand hygiene – that is, washing hands regularly with antibacterial soap and water, and cleansing with hand sanitiser
- staying at home if you are sick
- coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow and then performing hand hygiene
- cleaning surfaces regularly
- Ravens Inline Hockey recommend the “traditional” hand shake after a game be suspended in the short term as a precautionary measure.
The WHO have released their latest bulletin here
New Zealand currently have 5 cases to put this in context.
The New Zealand Ministry of Health updates can be found here
The following information has come from medical practice bulletins advising the following;
If you have returned from overseas travel from one of the following countries, or if you have been in close contact with someone who has returned from one of these countries in the past 14 days and unwell you need to PHONE the healthline for advice in the first instance (0800 358 5453)
- Mainland China, Iran, Italy, Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Thailand